Canada is one of the destinations for students who wish to pursue their studies abroad. You can get various scholarships in this country. Photo/ist
Canada, a country led by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, has become a popular destination for international students to pursue their studies due to the high level of education and affordable costs, as well as the diversity of its population which also makes this immigrant-friendly country. .
Also Read: 5 Tips for Getting Scholarships Abroad
Launching the Ruang Guru page on ruangguru.com, Tuesday (23/11/2021), the University of British Columbia (UBC) is offering scholarships for international students. This scholarship program is called the International Major Entrance Scholarship (IMES) which provides free undergraduate study in Canada.
This program will cover the tuition fees of the beneficiaries up to a maximum of $25,000 or IDR 356 million per year. If these costs have not been able to meet tuition requirements, you are welcome to apply for the International Scholars Program.
There are 4 types of scholarship pathways based on the background of the potential recipient, namely:
1. The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award, which is for students with excellent academic standing. Possess exceptional leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and proven accomplishments in other key areas.
Also read: Want to find scholarships to study in China, here are the requirements you need to know
2. Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award, for outstanding students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances.
3. International Impact Award, given to students who express their commitment and solutions to issues of social justice, climate change, equality and inclusion, public health and well-being and freedom of expression.
4. Vantage One Excellence Award, this scholarship is from UBC Vantage College for academically outstanding international students who have not met the English language admissions standards for direct admission to UBC. Scholarship benefits for recipients, in the form of tuition fees and living expenses in Canada.
Scholarship applicants cannot choose to be enrolled in certain programs. The committee will assess the candidate’s background and then place them in the right program.
Students who will qualify as recipients of this scholarship must meet several criteria, such as:
1. The applicant is an international student who will be studying in Canada and has a permit to study in Canada from the Embassy.
2. Be accepted as a student at UBC.
3. High school diploma or equivalent no earlier than June two years before the start of the school year. For example, 2022 college applicants must have graduated from high school by June 2020.
4. For those who have already taken S1, are not allowed to register.
5. Demonstrate excellent academic achievement (achieve all A’s or equivalent standards).
6. Demonstrate the financial conditions that require financial aid to be able to study at UBC.
7. Meet UBC admission requirements, including general requirements and English language standards.
So what if you are interested in this scholarship? Here are the steps to register it.
1. Determine the program or major you wish to study at UBC.
2. Send the new student registration package to UBC by the UBC new student admission deadline (January 15, 2022).
3. Students who apply before January 15, 2022 will be considered for the International Major Entrance Scholarship (IMES) scholarship scheme.
4. To apply for the International Scholars Program scholarship, this can only be done with a recommendation from a school or non-profit organization, then enter a letter of recommendation from the director.
5. Collect files related to financial conditions, as well as activity information in extracurricular activities, social activities and rewards.
Complete information for applying as a new student at UBC can be found at https://you.ubc.ca/applying-ubc/.
Applicants who pass screening and are accepted as UBC students will receive a Letter of Acceptance or LoA. If the candidate is also designated as a scholarship holder, he will receive a maximum of 21 days notice after receiving the LoA.
UBC has a very comprehensive curriculum covering almost every discipline offered at the undergraduate level. UBC has 2 main campuses located in the city of Vancouver and the Okanagan. Here is a list of faculties and the number of majors you can choose to study at the University of British Columbia:
1. Faculty of Business and Economics (17 majors)
2. Faculty of Earth, Environment and Sustainable Development (32 majors)
3. Faculty of Education (7 majors)
4. Faculty of Engineering and Technology (33 majors)
5. Faculty of Health and Pure Sciences (46 majors)
6. Faculty of History, Law and Politics (20 majors)
7. Faculty of Language and Linguistics (17 majors)
8. Faculty of Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics (25 majors)
9. Faculty of Media and Fine Arts (22 departments)
10. Faculty of Humanities, Culture and Society (37 majors)
December 1: Registration and scholarship application deadline for new UBC students
January 31: Announcement of the passage of the English selection UBC
January 31: Begin submitting all documents required for admission to UBC
Mid-April: Announcement of college scholarship holders
This is a review of scholarships offered by the University of British Columbia, located in Canada. Let’s get ready to register.
“Travel nerd. Social media evangelist. Zombie junkie. Total creator. Avid webaholic. Friend of animals everywhere. Future teen idol.”